We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We apologize for not having had the opportunity to see and treat you/your children over the past couple of months, and very much look forward to welcoming you all back to our office!
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have implemented many changes to protect the safety of all our patients and team. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We have hand sanitizer in the reception area, as well as other areas of the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee station, iPads, children’s toys, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
It is important to note that due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we had to cancel over two months of patient appointments (over 1500 appointments). So we are making every effort possible to get everyone in. Initially, we will be seeing half the number of patients per day than we normally would. We understand that some patients’ treatment has been interrupted/prolonged, and will do our very best to keep their treatment on track as best as possible. We ask for everyone to be patient, as orthodontic offices worldwide are in the same situation. Our #1 priority is the safety of everyone.
We look forward to seeing you again, and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice!
1. **PLEASE MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, PRIOR TO COMING TO THE APPOINTMENT. PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK TO COMPLETE THIS (USING YOUR DESKTOP OR MOBILE DEVICE):
2.PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY PARTICIPATED IN ANY LARGE GATHERINGS OF MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE, GATHERINGS OF PEOPLE YOU DIDN’T KNOW, OR IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS TRAVELED OUT OF MASSACHUSETTS OR OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION WITH AND PARTICIPATION IN THESE OFFICE POLICIES.
3.IF YOU OR ANY FAMILY MEMBERS ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING A FEVER, COUGH, OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING, PLEASE CALL/TEXT/EMAIL US TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT (AND REACH OUT TO YOUR PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER).
4.PLEASE BRUSH AND FLOSS YOUR TEETH AT HOME PRIOR TO THE APPOINTMENT, AS OUR BRUSHING STATION WILL REMAIN CLOSED TO TOOTH BRUSHING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, AND WILL ONLY BE USED FOR HAND WASHING AND RINSING WITH LISTERINE.
5.PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING, INCLUDING NO HANDSHAKING, AS A MEANS OF DECREASING POSSIBLE TRANSMISSION OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19).
6.PLEASE TEXT US WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN THE LOT FOR THE APPOINTMENT, AND WE WILL TEXT YOU WHEN TO SEND THE PATIENT INTO OUR OFFICE. OUR OFFICE TEXT # IS 508-619-9376.
7.PLEASE HAVE THE PATIENT WEAR A MASK WHEN COMING INTO THE OFFICE. PLEASE SEND ONLY THE PATIENT INTO THE OFFICE, AND HAVE ALL OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS WAIT IN THE CAR. ONLY IF NECESSARY, ONE PARENT OR GUARDIAN MAY ACCOMPANY THE PATIENT. ALSO, ONLY THE PATIENTS CAN COME INTO OUR CLINICAL AREAS.
8.ONE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS WILL GREET THE PATIENT AT THE OFFICE ENTRANCE TO TAKE THE PATIENT’S TEMPERATURE.
9. WE KINDLY ASK THAT ALL PATIENTS WASH THEIR HANDS UPON ARRIVAL INTO OUR OFFICE, AND RINSE WITH LISTERINE OR PEROXYL (PROVIDED). THEY WILL KEEP THEIR MASK ON UNTIL THEY ARE SEATED AND TREATMENT APPOINTMENT IS INITIATED. IF A PATIENT IS WAITING IN THE WAITING ROOM, HE/SHE SHOULD SIT 6 FT APART FROM NON-FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE WAITING ROOM.
10.AT THE END OF THE APPOINTMENT, THE PATIENT WILL PUT THEIR MASK ON AGAIN, AND WILL EXIT THE OFFICE THROUGH THE REAR DOOR OF THE OFFICE, SO AS TO MAINTAIN A ONE-WAY FLOW OF TRAFFIC THROUGH THE OFFICE.
11.PLEASE CALL OR TEXT OUR OFFICE TO REVIEW THE TREATMENT RENDERED, AND TO SCHEDULE THE PATIENT’S NEXT APPOINTMENT. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL/TEXT/CALL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Please note that Dr. Nick continues to communicate with parents/patients via our office text #, email, FaceTime (SOON TO INCLUDE ZOOM OR SMILESNAP), or phone call. If you have any concerns/questions/comments, please feel free to email the office, send us a text, or leave a message on our voicemail, and someone will be in touch. We will also be introducing virtual appointments, more information to come.
We thank you for doing your part to help the greater good of our community. Remember, the best way to protect yourself and your community is with everyday preventative actions, such as frequent hand washing and regularly disinfecting surfaces.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!